New Brunswick is a perfect place to grow your business.
Many of the world’s most successful companies have discovered New Brunswick.
As Canada’s only bilingual province, our workforce is powerful, talented and committed. Our natural strategic location in Atlantic Canada makes New Brunswick a prime location for your expansion or location plans. Don’t just take our word for it; see what other business leaders are saying about doing business here.
Discover why our skilled and motivated workforce, world-class communications infrastructure, unsurpassed quality of life and low corporate income tax is the ideal entrepreneurial ecosystem to grow, expand or locate your business in New Brunswick.
Top Ten Reasons to be in New Brunswick
1. LOW COST OF DOING BUSINESS
- On average, NB cities have an 18% business cost advantage over the G7 average (KPMG Competitive Alternatives 2016).
2. A SKILLED AND MOTIVATED WORKFORCE
- NB has the highest average job tenure in Canada at 9.3 years, more than double the U.S. average of 4.6 years (2015 Statistics Canada and 2014 Bureau of Labor Statistics).
3. WORLD-CLASS COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE
- NB provides leading access to fiber connectivity, high‐speed data, rural broadband and 4G satellite data.
4. COMPETITIVE CORPORATE TAX STRUCTURE
- Our general corporate income tax rate is the lowest in Atlantic Canada.
5. HIGHER EDUCATION RESOURCES
- Employers constantly benefit from our four universities, 11 colleges and their 7,000 annual graduates.
6. MULTI-MODAL TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE
- We are closer to Europe than any U.S. seaport, and we have same-day access to more than 100 million North Americans.
7. TAILOR MADE INCENTIVES
- We provide financial assistance through payroll rebates, income tax credits, wage assessments, skills training investment credits and more.
8. AFFORDABLE LAND AND REAL ESTATE
- Facility lease costs are on average 43% lower compared with costs across the G7 countries (KPMG Competitive Alternatives 2016).
9. LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION.
- We are close to major markets in Europe, the North-East U.S. and the rest of Eastern Canada. Our time zone makes us the perfect location to reach these markets in the same business day.
10. UNSURPASSED QUALITY OF LIFE
- Numerous NB communities have been named Canada’s “Best Places to Live” by MoneySense, boasting short commutes, affordable housing and easy access to nature.
To learn more, visit the ONB Canada website.